Disable Windows 11 Widgets. Along with packing all of the latest changes and features into Windows while maintaining the Windows feel, Microsoft added support for widgets in Windows 11. Users can now access their stock watchlist, weather updates, news feeds, and other information directly from the widgets panel.
Along with packing all of the latest changes and features into Windows while maintaining the Windows feel, Microsoft added support for widgets in Windows 11. Users can now access their stock watchlist, weather updates, news feeds, and other information directly from the widgets panel.
What is the Widgets Menu in Windows 11?
Widgets have been available on Android for quite some time, and Apple followed suit a few years ago by introducing widgets to iOS. Microsoft is the latest tech behemoth to include a widget menu in its operating system, Windows 11.
Widgets are collections of various sets of information that a user can quickly glance at on their desktop. They help to improve overall functionality and save time by removing the need to open apps for minor tasks such as checking the weather forecast.
Accessing the widgets menu in Windows 11 is also simple. Simply click on the widget icon in the taskbar next to the search icon to open the menu. You can also access the Widgets menu through the Window menu Windows+W keyboard shortcut.
How to Disable Windows 11 Widgets
There are a few different ways to disable widgets in Windows 11. You can either go the easy route and disable widgets from the taskbar or Windows settings or head to the Windows Registry and modify the key with the necessary changes to do it
1. Disable Windows 11 Widgets From the Taskbar
A simple and straightforward way to disable the widgets menu in Windows 11 is to do it from the taskbar. Here’s how to do this:
- Hover the mouse cursor over the taskbar on the desktop and right-click.
- Here, click on Taskbar settings.
- A new window will pop up. You will be greeted with a bunch of different settings, Widgets being one of them.
- Turn off the toggle next to Widgets to disable it.
2. Disable Widgets From Windows Settings
You can also disable the widgets on Windows 11 from the Windows settings. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Start menu, and search for Settings.
- Now hit enter and look for the Personalization tab from the left-hand pane.
- Select Personalization and scroll down until you see Taskbar.
- Click on Taskbar, and in the Taskbar menu, turn off the toggle for Widgets.
3. Disable Widgets Using Registry Editor
While the above two methods work well, you can also disable the Widgets menu on Windows 11 using the Windows Registry. That said, we suggest you proceed with this method only if you’re comfortable working with the Registry Editor, as misconfiguring a key can sometimes cause problems and render your computer unusable.
Follow the steps below to disable widgets via Windows Registry:
- Open the Start menu and type regedit in the search menu.
- Launch the Registry Editor, paste the following command in the address bar, and hit enter:
- Now, from the list of entries, look for TaskbarDa and double-click on it.
- When a new pop-up window appears, change the default value from “1” to “0” and hit Enter.
- Restart your PC.
The widget menu should not be disabled on your PC. If you want to enable it again, just change the value to “1” and restart your PC.
Getting Rid of Widgets in Windows 11 to Clear Up the Taskbar
As you can see, disabling the widgets menu in Windows 11 is a simple process. So, if you don’t like the cluttered look of your taskbar’s widgets menu, you can use any of the methods listed above to easily remove widgets from your PC and clear up your taskbar.