Google ceo salary Sundar Pichai, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google parent Alphabet Inc was interested in technology from the time he was a child in India. It was this passion that helped him to not only have a career at one of the world’s tech giants but earn millions of dollars doing it, making him a multimillionaire.
For those who are unaware, according to Celebrity Net Worth, Sundar Pichai’s Google ceo salary net worth is $600 million
Sundar Pichai built his enormous net worth by putting in years worth of work in the tech industry. At Google, Pichai played an important role in several projects and earned a salary of more than $1 billion every year between 2015 and 2020.
Pichai’s base salary is $2 million, but he also draws bonuses and stock grants that cover the majority of his income
Sundar Pichai net worth: $600 millionCareer Highlights: Named CEO of Google in 2015 and CEO of Alphabet in 2019
Pichai Sundararajan, better known as Sundar Pichai, is an Indian-American business executive. He is the chief executive officer of Alphabet Inc. and its subsidiary Google. Born in Madras, India, Pichai earned his degree from IIT Kharagpur in metallurgical engineering
|Born||10 June 1972|
|Annual salary||2 million USD (2020)|
|Education||Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (2000–2002)|
|Children||Kavya Pichai, Kiran Pichai|
|Parents||Regunatha Pichai, Lakshmi Pichai|
5 basic life situations that made Sundar Pichai the man he is
1. Born in a middle-class family, Sundar Pichai, during his youth, had to live with his parents and two brothers in a two-room apartment. Due to lack of space, Pichai and his brothers had to sleep on the floor of the living room.
2. Pichai’s father was the only earning member in the house, as his mother had to leave her job to look after him and his brothers. Due to his father’s nsufficient income, they could not make much of their ends meet and could never afford luxurious items like a phone or a refrigerator.
3. Like the plight of every low-income resident of India, even Sundar Pichai and his family suffered the tides of time and experienced a major drought that took a toll on them.
4. Finally having completed his studies in India, he acquired a Stanford scholarship to the United States of America. While the cost of the air-fare was more than his father’s annual income, his father took a loan and gave up every penny of their family savings to buy his son’s air-tickets. Probably, it was also the first time ever, Pichai sat in an airplane.
5. In the United States of America, Pichai had a hard time, living through the expenses and meeting his ends. He even had a tough time reaching out to his parents as the phone calls cost over $2 per minute, which he could not afford.
Sundar Pichai’s illustrious career
Born in India, Pichai earned degrees from Stanford University and the Wharton School. He joined Google in 2004. At Google, Pichai helped develop some of its best-known products, including Drive, Gmail, and Maps. He became Alphabet Inc CEO in 2019.
Sundar Pichai’s real estate
Sundar Pichai resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife and two children. Their close to a 10,000-square-foot house in Los Altos Hills sits on 3 acres they purchased in 2014.
Alphabet CEO Pichai’s base salary more than triples, but total compensation plunges to $7.4 million Google ceo salary
Google parent Alphabet Inc. GOOGL, 0.15%GOOG, 0.22% disclosed over the weekend that Chief Executive Sundar Pichai’s base salary more than tripled to more than $2 million in 2020, but his total compensation plunged to just $7.43 million, as he received no stock awards.
The internet giant disclosed in its 2020 proxy statement filed late Friday that Pichai’s total compensation in 2020 included $2.02 million in base salary, up from $650,000 in 2019, and $5.41 million in “all other compensation,” which included $5.4 million for personal security.
In 2019, Pichai’s Google ceo salary total compensation was a whopping $280.62 million, as it included $276.61 million in stock awards. The median employee compensation rose to $273,493 from $258,708 in 2019, while the big drop in Pichai’s total compensation means the CEO pay ratio fell to 27 to 1 from 1,085 to 1 in 2019. Alphabet’s stock rallied 30.9% in 2020 after rising 28.2% in 2019, while the S&P 500 gained 16.3% in 2020 after hiking up 28.9% in 2019.